Wednesday, October 16, 2013

October 16, 2013

Today was spent finishing up the sign that will be placed in the center of the stage for the upcoming show at the Chestnut Fine Arts Theatre. It is the show "Forever Plaid." And was my first attempt at painting plaid. Next week we will create the entire stage and set. Really quick turn around for this show.
Yesterday I went to the farm and did some sketches of my paternal grandfather's home and the cemetery in Goodrich. It was the only time I've ever gone to the farm alone. I also brought back a desk that my father made. As far as I know it's the one and only piece of furniture made by Marvin Zimmerman, a true original. In the drawers were dozens of cards that my grandmother had received over the years, some old appliance manuals and some photographs. Definitely a trip down memory lane.

No comments:

Post a Comment